Team India defeated England by 7 wickets in the third and decisive T20 International match on Sunday thanks to Rohit Sharma’s excellent century and won the series 2-1. With this, Virat’s army has also made two special records of its name in the three-match T-20 International Series. Team India has set a record of winning 6 consecutive T20I series with this series win.
Team India is second in terms of winning the most consecutive series in T20 International Cricket. The world record is in the name of team India’s arch-rival Pakistan, which has consistently won 9 T20 International series.
Not only this, Team India is still the master of the three-match T20 International series between the two countries, as it has not lost in any such series yet. Whenever Team India has played the three-match Bilateral T-0 International series, it has won. Virat Brigade has won the consecutive eighth such three-match T20 International series.
Team India’s success in winning 6 consecutive T20 internationals began in November last year against New Zealand.
6 consecutive T20I series Wins:
- New Zealand tour of India – India won the T20 International Series in 2017, won by 2-1.
- India tour of Sri Lanka – In 2017 Team India won the 3-match T20 International Series by 3-0 margin.
- Team India’s tour of South Africa – Earlier this year, Team India won 2-1 in the three-match T20 International series.
- Nidahas T20I Tri Series – team India Became champion defeating Bangladesh in finals.
- Team India tour of Ireland – Recently, the 2-match T20 International series won by Team India 2-0.
- Team India’s tour of England – Champion team India the series 2-1 by winning the 3rd match of T20 International Series on Sunday.